A Community Based Xnu

Have you ever dreamt of freedom?

You have! And you definitely not believe that Apple does, themselves! You most likely believe that most of your userspace is closed-source (and has been for many years), and your kernel, although 90% opensource, doesn’t like your opinion:


If you take a closer look, you’ll realise that 90% of the PRs are gibberish (sorry fellow devs), (some of them even re-introduce already-patched vurnerabilities, see #6), but the rest 10% of them are actually pretty good.

For example this PR.

If you trully believe that apple and should start caring about the true essence of opensource, checkout community-xnu.

community-XNU is what I envisioned as a semi-official XNU, with the following goals:

  • up-to-date with upstream
  • all PRs submitted to apple’s repo be reviewed and merged if appropriate

xnu: https://github.com/apple/darwin-xnu
community-xnu: https://github.com/npyl/community-xnu